- Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Racing & Wagering
- Derby Experience
- Plan Your Visit
Prep Race HistoryDownload Past Performances
|Mar 20 2010||Bonnie Miss Gulfstream Park||II||1 1/8M||1||N/A|
|Feb 20 2010||Silverbulletday Fair Grounds||1 1/16M||5||N/A|
|Nov 6 2009||Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies Oak Tree at Santa Anita||1 1/16M||11||REPLAY|
Pletcher won the 2010 Kentucky Derby with Super Saver and also trained Kentucky Oaks winners Rags to Riches (2007) and Princess of Sylmar (2013). He won four straight Eclipse Awards as top trainer from 2004-2007 and again in 2010, 2013 and 2014. The Texas native has also been the leading American conditioner by money won nine times since 2004. He's conditioned multiple Eclipse champions including Uncle Mo, Ashado, English Channel, Speighstown, Fleet Indian, Wait a While, Lawyer Ron, and Left Bank – and has saddled a co-record five starters in the Kentucky Derby twice before (2007 & 2013). Pletcher ranks second by Kentucky Derby starters with 40, trailing only living-legend D. Wayne Lukas.
John Velazquez has ridden in thirteen editions of the Kentucky Derby and won the 2011 Kentucky Derby aboard Animal Kingdom. He won the 2004 Kentucky Oaks with Ashado. John was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2011 and was twice awarded the Eclipse Award for Outstanding Jockey. He is a two time Belmont Stakes winner and has ridden 10 horses to victory in the Breeders' Cup. Other notable mounts include: Uncle Mo, Da Hoss, Lemon Drop Kid, Lawyer Ron, and Rags to Riches.
Diamond A Racing Corp.
Owned by Gerald J. Ford. Ford is chairman and CEO of Diamond A Ford Corporation, a Dallas based investment firm. Ford was ranked 289th on the Forbes 400 Richest Americans and 559th on the 2009 Forbes World’s Richest People. Owns former Broodside Farm in Versailles, Kentucky and renamed it Diamond A Farm. Diamond A Racing Corp., raced Pleasantly Perfect, who won the 2003 Breeders’ Cup Classic and the 2004 Dubai World Cup. 2009 was a strong year as a breeder for Diamond A Racing Corp. They bred stakes winners Devil May Care, Regal Ransom, and Tizfiz. Employs trainer Richard Mandella in Southern California.
Malibu Moon--Kelli's Ransom, by Red Ransom
- Devil May Care is by Malibu Moon, who was retired following his maiden score
- Malibu Moon’s top progeny to date is Declan’s Moon, who went undefeated during his juvenile campaign to garner the Eclipse Award as champion two-year-old for 2004
- Malibu Moon is also the sire of Grade 1 heroines Malibu Mint and Funny Moon
- Malibu Moon’s progeny have won from four furlongs to three miles, with an average winning distance of seven furlongs
- Devil May Care is out of Kelli’s Ransom, making her a half-sister to last year’s U.A.E. Derby (UAE-G2) and Super Derby (G2) victor Regal Ransom
- Kelli’s Ransom is herself a half-sister to Grade 2 winner Minister Eric, who ran second in the 2003 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (G1)
- Others of note in this female line include Pico Teneriffe, the 2009 Canadian Broodmare of the Year after her son Marchfield was named the back-to-back champion older male in Canada; and Italian Group 1 winner Duke of Marmalade
- Devil May Care’s broodmare sire is Red Ransom, who won two of his three career starts, setting a new track record at Saratoga in the process
- Pico Teneriffe is herself by Red Ransom
- Daughters of Red Ransom have produced the likes of multiple Grade 2 king Strut the Stage
Powered by Brisnet