- Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Racing & Wagering
Prep Race HistoryDownload Past Performances
John Sadler’s first starter in the Kentucky Derby was in 1993 with Corby. In 2010, he had two starters in the Run for the Roses in Line of David and Sidney’s Candy who both finished off the board. John has won training titles at Hollywood Park, Santa Anita, Del Mar, and Oak Tree at Santa Anita. He rode show horses growing up, but began his career at the racetrack in high school.
Ike and Dawn Thrash
Reside in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. Own and run Dawn Properties, Inc. in Hattiesburg. They build, buy, and sell apartment complexes. The couple got their first horse as payment on a business deal from a farm in Florida over 30 years ago. They bred a few mares in Kentucky, but primary focus is buying yearlings and two-year-olds in training. Began sending horses to John Sadler, after Hurricane Katrina and Fair Grounds closed for one season. • The husband and wife team often fly to California to see their horses run.
- Line of David is by Lion Heart, winner of the 2004 Haskell Invitational (G1) and runner-up in that year’s Kentucky Derby (G1)
- The progeny of Lion Heart have won from 4 ½ furlongs to 1 1/2 miles, with an average winning distance of 6.6 furlongs
- Line of David is out of Emma’s Dilemma
- Emma’s Dilemma is a half-sister to multiple Group 3-placed listed winner Lil’s Boy
- Line of David’s female line includes top sire Mr. Prospector (Raise a Native) as well as Ameila Bearhart, the dam of such notables as dual Canadian Horse of the Year and champion turf horse Chief Bearhart, and Grade 1-winning sire Explosive Red
- Line of David’s broodmare sire is champion Capote,
- Other daughter’s of Capote have produced successful sires Najran and Dixie Union
Powered by Brisnet