- Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Racing & Wagering
Prep Race HistoryDownload Past Performances
Pletcher won the 2010 Kentucky Derby with Super Saver and trained Rags to Riches to win the Kentucky Oaks in 2007 and Princess of Sylmar for win the 2013 Kentucky Oaks. He won four straight Eclipse Awards as top trainer from 2004-2007 and again in 2010. He has trained multiple Eclipse champions including Uncle Mo, Ashado, English Channel, Speighstown, Fleet Indian, Wait a While, Lawyer Ron, and Left Bank.
Maragh grew up in the horse racing industry in his native Jamaica. Maragh’s father was a jockey but he forced Rajiv to earn his high school diploma before he was allowed to ride a racehorse. His first winner came aboard Pricedale Kid on February 1, 2004 at Tampa Bay Downs.
Twin Creek Racing Stables
Owned and founded by Steve Davison of Rushton, Louisiana.Former trainer Randy Gullatt oversees the daily racing operations as the team manager.
Summer Wind Farm
Owned by Jane and Frank Lyon, Jr.Reside in Little Rock, Arkansas part of the year and live at their farm in Georgetown, Kentucky called Summer Wind the other part of the year.
- Mission Impazible by multiple Grade 1-winning millionaire Unbridled's Song, the hero of the Breeders' Cup Juvenile (G1), Florida Derby (G1) and Wood Memorial S. (G2); dispatched as the 7-2 favorite in the 1996 Kentucky Derby (G1), he was compromised by foot issues but ran well to finish fifth
- A son of 1990 Kentucky Derby winner Unbridled, Unbridled's Song is one of the preeminent stallions in the United States; his top offspring include champion Midshipman; Grade 1-winning millionaires Thorn Song, Unbridled’s Elaine and Octave; Zensational, a leading sprinter in 2009 who compiled consecutive victories in the Triple Bend (G1), Pat O’Brien (G1) and Bing Crosby (G1); Grade 1 scorers Songandaprayer, First Defence, Political Force, Splendid Blended, Magnificent Song and Buddha; and ill-fated 2008 Kentucky Derby runner-up Eight Belles
- Unbridled’s Song is an excellent source of stamina and speed; he throws classic-type horses as well as top-class sprinters
- Mission Impazible is out of the Hold Your Peace mare La Paz, a stakes winner at Bay Meadows, Golden Gate Fields and Turf Paradise who raced primarily in sprints and at middle distances; the 22-year-old has produced Forest Camp, a Grade 2 winner at seven furlongs who is the sire of speedy Kentucky Derby prospect Eightyfiveinafifty; and Spanish Empire, a Grade 3 victor at 1 1/16 miles
- Other stakes winners in the female family include the talented sprinter Zany Tactics, hero of the San Carlos (G2), Bing Crosby (G3), Pat O’ Brien and Ancient Title
- Hold Your Peace finished third in the 1972 Kentucky Derby and is best known as the broodmare sire of Peace Rules, a three-time Grade 1 victor and $3-million earner who finished third in the 2003 Kentucky Derby; other offspring from Hold Your Peace mares include Grade 1-winning sprinter Carson Hollow; and Grade 2 winners Incinerate, Sovereign Don and Unbridled Energy
- Mission Impazible has the right sire for a classic route of ground, but his dam side is packed with speed influences that wouldn't suggest a fondness for 1 ¼ miles
Powered by Brisnet