- Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Racing & Wagering
- Derby Experience
- Plan Your Visit
Prep Race HistoryDownload Past Performances
Maker, the son of a trainer, grew up in the suburbs of Detroit attending races at Hazel Park and Detroit Race Course. At the young age of 13, Maker was already involved in the Thoroughbred industry as a horse owner. He was an assistant for Hall of Fame trainer D Wayne Lukas and worked with Kentucky Derby winner Charismatic. Maker opened his own stable in 2003 & has trained top horses including: Eclipse Award winner, Hansen, Derby Kitten and Stately Victor.
Alan Garcia’s father and grandfather were both professional riders in Garcia’s native Peru. Garcia was named leading apprentice in his country and soon moved to the United States to advance his riding career. In 2008, he won the Belmont Stakes aboard Da’Tara which spoiled Big Brown’s attempt at a Triple Crown. Garcia will be making his 4th consecutive start in the Kentucky Derby. Other top mounts include Regal Ransom and Alpha.
F. Thomas Conway and Jack Conway
Thomas works as an attorney in Louisville.Jack is currently running for the United State Senate and serves as the Kentucky Attorney General.Thomas hasn’t missed a Kentucky Derby since 1963.Stately Victor’s win in the Toyota Blue Grass marked the biggest win to date for the father/son team.Named for Jack’s best friend Victor, who was killed in an automobile accident in 1992 at the age of 23.
Ghostzapper--Collect the Cash, by Dynaformer
- Stately Victor is the top-rated son of 2004 Horse of the Year and Breeders’ Cup Classic (G1) hero Ghostzapper, who has had just two crops to race thus far
- Ghostzapper captured nine of his 11 career starts, including the Woodward S. (G1), Metropolitan H. (G1) and Vosburgh S. (G1)
- Ghostzapper’s progeny have won from five furlongs to 1 1/8 miles, with an average winning distance of 7.1 furlongs
- Stately Victor is out of Collect the Cash, winner of the 2000 Queen Elizabeth II Invitational Challenge Cup (G1)
- Collect the Cash has also produced stakes-placed Money My Honey
- Others of note in this female line include Grade/Group 3 winners Dr. Bobby A., Nome and Love of Silver
- Stately Victor’s broodmare sire is Grade 2 victor Dynaformer
- Dynaformer’s top rated offspring include 2006 Kentucky Derby (G1) hero Barbaro and Grade 1 winner Perfect Drift, third in the 2002 Run for the Roses
- Daughters of Dyanformer have produced the likes of Grade 1 scorers Spring at Last and Sharp Lisa
Powered by Brisnet