- Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Racing & Wagering
Prep Race HistoryDownload Past Performances
Born in Garden City, Michigan on February 7, 1969.Father George was a trainer in Detroit.
Alan Garcia’s father and grandfather were both professional riders in Garcia’s native Peru. Garcia was named leading apprentice in his country and soon moved to the United States to advance his riding career. In 2008, he won the Belmont Stakes aboard Da’Tara which spoiled Big Brown’s attempt at a Triple Crown. Garcia will be making his 4th consecutive start in the Kentucky Derby.
F. Thomas Conway and Jack Conway
Thomas works as an attorney in Louisville.Jack is currently running for the United State Senate and serves as the Kentucky Attorney General.
- Stately Victor is the top-rated son of 2004 Horse of the Year and Breeders’ Cup Classic (G1) hero Ghostzapper, who has had just two crops to race thus far
- Ghostzapper captured nine of his 11 career starts, including the Woodward S. (G1), Metropolitan H. (G1) and Vosburgh S. (G1)
- Ghostzapper’s progeny have won from five furlongs to 1 1/8 miles, with an average winning distance of 7.1 furlongs
- Stately Victor is out of Collect the Cash, winner of the 2000 Queen Elizabeth II Invitational Challenge Cup (G1)
- Collect the Cash has also produced stakes-placed Money My Honey
- Others of note in this female line include Grade/Group 3 winners Dr. Bobby A., Nome and Love of Silver
- Stately Victor’s broodmare sire is Grade 2 victor Dynaformer
- Dynaformer’s top rated offspring include 2006 Kentucky Derby (G1) hero Barbaro and Grade 1 winner Perfect Drift, third in the 2002 Run for the Roses
- Daughters of Dyanformer have produced the likes of Grade 1 scorers Spring at Last and Sharp Lisa
Powered by Brisnet