- Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Racing & Wagering
Churchill Downs Launches New Kentucky Derby Mobile App
Churchill Downs has launched a free Kentucky Derby 137 mobile application for smartphones and tablets that run the iPhone and Android operating systems.
The new Kentucky Derby mobile app will allow users to access many interactive features on their mobile devices such as:
- Events: A schedule of racing and entertainment events for the action-packed 39-day Spring Meet which opens Saturday night at 6 p.m. ET and continues through Monday, July 4.
- Horses: Profiles of Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks contenders and their connections.
- News, Facebook and Twitter: Users will be able to stay connected with the latest racing and entertainment news at Churchill Downs.
- Betting Information: Users can learn where and how to make bets, plus access a handy bet calculator to best formulate exotic and multi-race wagers.
- Tickets: Link directly into the Churchill Downs online box office to purchase tickets straight from your smartphone or tablet.
- Videos and Photos: Features racing and entertainment videos, photos and photo galleries.
- TV/Radio Schedule: Includes broadcast times and network providers for live coverage of events at Churchill Downs.
- Games: Features Kentucky Derby trivia, stylish Derby fashion tips and a music video of “My Old Kentucky Home” with lyrics.
- Party Planning: Information on how to throw the perfect Kentucky Derby party.
- Plan Your Visits: Tips for a great trip to Churchill Downs with venue information, maps, driving directions, parking and shuttle information and more.
Churchill Downs, the world’s most legendary racetrack, has conducted Thoroughbred racing and presented America’s greatest race, the Kentucky Derby, continuously since 1875. Located in Louisville, the flagship racetrack of Churchill Downs Incorporated (NASDAQ: CHDN) also operates Trackside at Churchill Downs, which offers year-round simulcast wagering at the historic track. Churchill Downs will conduct the 137th running of the Kentucky Derby on May 7, 2011. The track’s 2010 Spring Meet is scheduled for April 30-July 4, 2011. Churchill Downs has hosted the Breeders’ Cup World Championships a record seven times and the event will return to the track for its next renewal on Nov. 4-5, 2011. Information about Churchill Downs can be found on the Internet at www.churchilldowns.com.
- END -