- Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Racing & Wagering
- Taste of Derby
- Derby Party
- My Party
- Plan Your Party
- Food & Beverage
- Recipe Central
- Drink Recipes
Grilled Fajita Chicken
by Kent Rathbun of Abascus Restaurant
For the Fajita Grilled Chicken
- 8 each boneless skinless chicken breasts, 6-8 ounces
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons shallot minced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno, seeds removed, minced
- 4 tablespoons whole cilantro leaves, chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons lime juice fresh
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- In a large mixing bowl, marinate chicken beast with olive oil, garlic, shallots, jalapeno, cilantro leaves, lime juice, tamari soy sauce, worcestershire sauce and cracked black pepper.
- This can marinate for up to 24 hours.
- After chicken is marinated, grill over wood grill or charbroiler until chicken is medium well or cookedthrough (do not over cook), remove from grill, set aside, and cool.
- Julian or hand tear chicken for salad preparation.