- Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Racing & Wagering
- Taste of Derby
- Derby Party
- My Party
- Plan Your Party
- Food & Beverage
- 2 pounds shrimp - boiled and chilled
- 2 medium purple onions sliced in rings
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 4 t capers
- Make alternate layers of shrimp and onion slices in bowl.
- Mix all other ingredients and pour over.
- Refrigerate 6 or more hours stirring occasionally.
Serve as hors d'oeuvre with crackers or tooth picks or serves 6 as a salad on top of lettuce.