- Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Racing & Wagering
Safety From Start to Finish
At Churchill Downs Incorporated, nothing is more important to us than the safety and integrity of our sport. On March 2, 2009, we announced a series of groundbreaking new rules and policies designed to enhance the safety and welfare of jockeys and horses competing at Churchill Downs Incorporated facilities. These measures and further safety enhancements remain in place at all of our racetracks.
During your next visit to Churchill Downs, we encourage you to visit our interactive Safety Center, which utilizes audio, video and actual material and equipment samples to educate fans about the numerous policies and procedures in place to ensure the safety, security and well-being of horses and riders at the track.
Use the links below to review our “Safety from Start to Finish” initiatives:
- Press Release: 2010 Safety From Start to Finish (April 22, 2010)
- Press Release - Safety Initiatives Announced (March 2, 2009)
- Press Release - Churchill Receives NTRA Accreditation (April 9, 2009)
- Churchill Downs accreditation application (PDF)
- Pre-Race Safety
- In-Race Safety
- Post-Race Safety
- Other Important Safety Initiatives