- Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Racing & Wagering
Parking & Transportation
CHANGES IN KENTUCKY DERBY AND OAKS BUS, TAXI TRANSPORTATION
Churchill Downs has developed a new plan for taxi cab and bus drop-off and pick-up of Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks Day patrons.
The revised Derby and Oaks transportation plan includes:
- The new Bus Depot, located immediately outside of Gate 1, provides an expanded footprint for the unloading and loading of buses transporting patrons to-and-from parking lots at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, the Kentucky Exposition Center and shuttle locations in downtown Louisville.
- The new Taxi Depot, located adjacent to the Wagner's Pharmacy building at 4th and Central, will be available for pick-up and drop-off of patrons at peak times on Derby and Oaks Days. The new location is an approximate four-to-five minute walk for patrons exiting from Gates 1 and 17, but only seconds from the infield entrance at Gate 3.
- Widening of the Pedestrian Walkway area along Central Avenue through which patrons will move to-and from the Taxi Depot and other parking near Churchill Downs.
Gates open at 8 a.m. First post is 10:30 a.m.
Kentucky Oaks at 5:45 p.m. Kentucky Derby at 6:24 p.m.
View Churchill Downs Kentucky Derby Weekend in a larger map
Parking & ShuttlesIf you plan to drive to Churchill Downs on Kentucky Derby and Oaks Days, you should be aware that all parking at Churchill Downs is sold in advance and is reserved.
Remote parking is available at these locations only a few blocks from Churchill Downs (NO RESERVATIONS NEEDED, PAY DAY OF EVENT):
- Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium parking: $15
- Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center parking: $8
Round-trip shuttle prices vary by location:
- Shuttle from Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium: $15
- Shuttle from downtown Louisville: $20
- Shuttle from Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center: $15