What’s a party without games? And what’s a Derby party without wagering
games? No need to worry about what games to play at your Derby party, the Derby
Way has you covered.
With our games you don’t need to know a thing about betting. Nor do you have to be a one percenter because you can always play with pennies or m&m’s instead of dollars. That might come in handy because you can play our games for all 14 races on Derby Day – not just the Derby.
First of all, go to kentuckyderby.com to get the names of the horses running in the Derby and in the 11 undercard races that take place before the Derby.
The Derby Hat Draw
· Ask each guest to contribute a sum of money (or m&ms or anything else you like) to a pool – or just spring for the pool yourself.
· Put the names of all the Derby horses for a particular race in a hat.
· Allow your guests to draw the name of a horse out of the hat.
· Whoever has the name of the horse who wins the race wins the pool.
Horse Auction Action
· Hold a Thoroughbred auction and auction off each horse in the race
· The favorite will go for a higher price than the longshot
· Add the auction sums to a pool
· Whoever purchased the winning horse at auction wins the pool
· Bet which horse will finish last, instead of first
· Apply the “last place wins” rule to the above games
Vegas at the Derby
Wager on whether the following Derby Day traditions will go over or under the time allotted below.
· 2:15 How long it will take Lady Antebellum to sing the national anthem
· :90 How long it will take the crowd to sing My Old Kentucky Home
· 2:00 The time length of the race
Need more info on Derby Parties or where to watch the undercard races? Visit KentuckyDerby.com/Party for all the information to plan your party.