By Churchill Downs Executive Chef David Danielson
- 2 cups Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 cups asparagus 1 inch bias sliced
- 2 # of Gemelli pasta
- 1 # Fresh tail off shrimp
- 1 # Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
- 5 lemons cut in half
- 4 tablespoons pickling spice
- 2 each Squash & Zucchini
- 2-3 Lemons; Juiced
- 1 ½ Cups of Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Chopped Parsley
- ¼ cup torn fresh basil
- ½ cup shaved Pecorino Romano cheese
- Cook pasta ahead of time for 6 minutes until al dente and cool on an oiled tray.
- Start your poaching liquid with the lemon halves squeezed into 2 gallons of heavily salted water and add the pickling spice. Once the liquid boils cook your shrimp until just cooked through and chill in refrigerator.
- Season squash & zucchini with salt, pepper and olive oil and roast in 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Once finished slice into width wise strips
- Roast asparagus dressed in olive oil salt and pepper for about 3-5 minutes and chill rapidly
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, half of the parsley and basil seasoned with salt and pepper to make a lite dressing. Combine all ingredients together gently and garnish with remaining herbs and shaved Romano cheese.