Avocado and Cucumber Sandwich with Herbed Cream Cheese
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 3-4
- Wine Pairing: La Crema Saralee's Vineyard Chardonnay
- 1 large baguette
- 1 package of whipped cream cheese
- 1 bunch of dill
- 1 small lemon
- 1 english cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice the baguette into 4-5 equal sized pieces. Cut each piece in half from top to bottom, making sure not to cut all the way through the bread; set aside.
- In a medium bowl add the cream cheese, 3 tablespoons of finely chopped dill (or more if desired), and a light squeeze of lemon juice; mix to combine. Taste, and add extra lemon juice if needed, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread desired amount of herbed cream cheese onto each sandwich followed by a layer of cucumber and avocado slices. Garnish the sandwiches with a bit of extra dill and a light drizzle of olive oil.
Read more about Planning the Perfect Wine Country Picnic