Louisiana Seafood Barbecue Shrimp Recipe
- 12 raw colossal (10-12 count) Louisiana shrimp, unpeeled, with heads and tails left on
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning*
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 to 3 tablespoons water, in all
- half of 1 lemon, seeded
- 1 stick cold, unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Place the unpeeled shrimp, Worcestershire, coarsely ground pepper, Creole seasoning, garlic, and 1 tablespoon water in a heavy 10-inch, stainless-steel sauté pan.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon half over the shrimp and add the rind and pulp to the pan.
- Over high heat, cook the shrimp while gently stirring and occasionally turning the shrimp. After about 2 minutes of cooking, the shrimp should start turning pink on both sides, indicating they are nearly half-cooked.
- Now add 2 tablespoons water to the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and continue cooking as you gradually add the cold pieces of butter to the pan. While turning the shrimp occasionally, swirl the butter pieces until they are incorporated into the pan juices. The sauce turns light brown and creamy as it simmers, and the shrimp are just cooked through. Do not overcook the shrimp.
Get ideas & inspiration to make your Kentucky Derby party special: