Grilled Crostini with Asparagus
- 1 baguette
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil (plus more for brushing)
- 12 thin asparagus
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tbs. chopped fresh herbs
- 1 cup fresh goat cheese
- Lemon juice (to taste)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Place 12 asparagus in pan. Season with olive oil and salt. Use skewers to hold asparagus for grilling.
- Grill both sides on medium heat. Remove skewers and cut into pieces.
- Cut 1 cup kalamata olives into small pieces. Combine asparagus and olives.
- Add chopped fresh herbs: chervil, parsley, tarragon, and/or thyme.
- Add fresh squeezed slice of lemon.
- Cut 1 baguette into 12 slices and place on a pan.
- Brush both sides of each slice with olive oil. Add salt to both sides of each slice.
- Grill each side for 15-20 seconds.
- Add goat cheese to both sides.
- Add toppings to crostini.