Serves: 30 cookies
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup softened, unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- Combine 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour, ½ cup cornstarch, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp grated lemon peel, and ¾ cup softened, unsalted butter in a mixing bowl.
- Mix at low speed. Scrape bowl often until well mixed.
- Divide dough. Shape dough into 8x1-inch rolls. Refrigerate 1-2 hours until firm.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each dough roll into 15 slices. Place cookies 2 inches apart on parchment-covered cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Set on cooling rack.
- Make lemon frosting by combining ¾ cup powdered sugar, ¼ cup butter, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and 1 tsp grated lemon peel in a mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until fluffy. Put frosting into piping bag. Frost cooled cookies.
- Cool and serve with Chateau Ste. Michelle Columbia Valley Riesling.