Vidalia Onion and Peach Chutney Recipe
- 1 TBSP canola oil
- 1 Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1tsp grated ginger
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Pounds firm peaches, peeled, cored and medium diced
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, add canola oil. When pan is hot, add Vidalia onion and stir gently until onion start to become translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger to pan. Stir one minute, but don’t let garlic start to brown.
- Add brown sugar and apple cider vinegar. Mix all together.
- Once ingredients in pan are mixed and sugar begins to dissolve, add peaches, chili flakes and dry mustard. Stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Cover Dutch oven with lid and continue to let simmer until peaches become soft but still hold their shape, about 35-45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve. Chutney can be enjoyed in a variety of ways, including on a charcuterie board or atop chicken and pork.
To store, ladle into canning jars. Chutney can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.