Vidalia Onion Bourbon and Sorghum Vinaigrette and Black Eyed Pea Salad Recipe
Yield: 2 cups
- ¼ cup sorghum
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated sweet Vidalia onion
- ¼ cup bourbon
- Let sorghum come to room temperature.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend on low speed until well mixed.
Store dressing in a refrigerated air-tight container for up to two weeks
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 zucchini sliced and grilled
- 1 yellow squash sliced and grilled
- ½ red onion sliced and grilled
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley minced
- 1/3 cup bourbon sorghum vinaigrette
- In a large serving bowl, combine all the ingredients; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon.