Barrelhead Brie by Woodford Reserve
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbs. Woodford Reserve bourbon
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 8 oz. Brie round
- Minced fresh thyme and parsle
- Combine sugar and water in small saucepan and simmer until sugar dissolves. Stir in bourbon, dried fruit and toasted hazelnuts. Bring to a light simmer, remove from heat and set aside.
- Place Brie round on a baking dish that can go from oven to table and be used for service.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, until slightly puffed and warm.
- Garnish with warm bourbon fruit syrup, and minced fresh herbs. Serve with crackers.
Note: Reserve leftover bourbon fruit syrup for another brie, or as a garnish for pound cake or ice cream.