Rosie Napravnik Mocktail Recipe
Named after Rosie Napravnik,, most successful female jockey to compete in the Derby
Makes 6-8 Drinks
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup rose water
- 3 crushed cardamom pods
- 6 strawberries, diced
- 1.5 cups sugar
- Favorite club soda or carbonated water
In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients and cook on medium high heat until just begins to boil. Lower heat and continue to simmer for 5-7 minutes. Turn off heat and cool for 10-15 minutes. Strain liquid through a fine sieve, gently pressing strawberry pieces through and discard cardamom. Store in a glass quart container until ready for use.
Tip: If you can’t find cardamom pods, you can substitute with 1 tsp ground cardamom or ¼ cup basil leaves
- 1 package hard sour candy
- 16 strawberries cleaned with stems left intact
- 4 tablespoons lemonade base mixed with 4 tablespoons of water
- Process candy in blender or food processor until nearly powdered. Remove and pour into a small shallow bowl. Dip whole strawberries into lemonade water and then into candy to coat. Place onto a parchment paper lined sheet tray.
Note: Wait and make these last minute to keep candy slightly crunchy.
- Fill a 16 oz glass 3/4 full with ice
- Add 1/3-1/2 cup of lemonade base to glass (proportions may be adjusted to taste)
- Top with carbonated water and stir
- Make a small slit in bottom of strawberry and slide ontot eh rim of the glass.
- Finish with a colorful paper straw.
Can also be made in a pitcher with a few lemons slices thrown into the bottom for visual appeal with glasses set up to the side for ease of serving.
For these ingredients and all your Derby Party needs, visit Derby Essentials