Benedictine and Spring Veggie Tarts Recipe
- 2 9x11 Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 1 Large Cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Finely Chopped Red Onion
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Fresh Dill
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Sugar Snap Peas, sliced
- 8 Radishes, thin sliced
- 6 Mini Bell Peppers, sliced
- Chive Blossoms or Chives to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll the puff pastry to 9x11. Prick from the center to the edge with a fork leaving 1/2-inch border around the entire pastry. This will keep the center from rising. Bake until golden and puffed, about 12-15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile make the Benedictine. Grate the cucumber on the large holes of a box grater. Wrap the grated cucumber in dampened cheesecloth or clean kitchen towel and squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Combine the cream cheese, yogurt and mayonnaise in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the cucumber, red onion and dill, and mix until combined, another 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper. Scrape into a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To assemble the tarts, add 1/2 cup of the Benedictine to the top of the tart and spread to where the edges are puffed. Repeat with the other tart crust. Divide the snap peas, radishes, and bell peppers between both tarts and press gently onto the Benedictine. Garnish with the chive blossoms and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Get ideas & inspiration to make your Kentucky Derby party special: