Mint Julep Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 1 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 English Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 sprigs Mint, leaves chopped
- Violets to garnish
- Pepper to garnish
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, bourbon and 1 teaspoon salt in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar and salt. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the cucumbers and onion in a large bowl. Pour the vinegar mixture over the top and let marinate in the refrigerator until icy cold, 3 to 4 hours. When ready to serve, add the mint and toss to combine. Garnish with violets and pepper.
Get ideas & inspiration to make your Kentucky Derby party special: