Woodford Reserve Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 4 pounds Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, Cubed into medium dice
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Woodford Reserve Bourbon
- ½ cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 ½ cups Chopped Pecans, Divided (1/2 for Casserole Topping)
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot of water, filling the water a couple of inches over the tops of the potatoes. Add 2 tablespoons of kosher salt to the water and bring to a boil. Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes or until they are fork tender and drain.
- Add the potatoes while still hot to a large bowl and mash with a potato masher until you get a smooth consistency.
- Add the butter, vanilla, bourbon, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and 1 cup of the chopped pecans to the bowl and stir to combine with the potatoes.
- Pour the sweet potatoes into a buttered, 9″ x 13″ (2 quart) casserole dish and top with the marshmallows and the remaining 1/2 cup of pecans.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the center is hot and the marshmallows have browned. If the marshmallows are getting to brown on top and the casserole isn’t warm yet, spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray and cover the casserole dish until warmed through.
Get ideas & inspiration to make your Kentucky Derby party special: