Pimento Cheese Creamed Spinach Recipe
- 1 cup Diced Pimentos, drained
- ½ cup Cream Cheese (Cubed)
- 2 cups Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 ea. 10-Ounce Pkg, of IQF Spinach, Thawed, Drained and Squeezed Dry
- ½ cup Yellow Onion, Small Diced
- 4 TBSP Unsalted Butter, Melted, divided
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 2 ea. Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 ea. Egg, Beaten
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded, divided
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- ½ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 2 1/2-quart baking dish with melted butter.
- Place melted butter in a pot over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until somewhat soft, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lower the temperature of the pot and Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add spinach, heavy cream, sour cream, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and pimentos. Stir well.
- Mix in the egg and then all but 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Mix in the salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Transfer mixture to buttered baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter, Panko crumbs and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake for 45 minutes let stand for 5-10 minutes and serve and enjoy.
Get ideas & inspiration to make your Kentucky Derby party special: