Derby Party Styles
The Kentucky Derby is for everyone. From the Infield to Millionaires Row, the event’s traditions, foods and style are revered and enjoyed. Whether you’re rubbing elbows at a Brunch Event or playing corn hole at a Backyard Party, the spirit of the Kentucky Derby is there.
Go the distance. Entertain with aplomb when you throw a posh brunch. Enjoy the glitz and glamor of the Kentucky Derby by dressing up and walking a red carpet.
- Contact any caterers, bartenders, DJs or rental halls early. For Derby, you’ll want to start reaching out at least a month in advance.
- Order official Derby decorations and supplies from KentuckyDerbyStore.com.
- Make sure your menu meets any dietary needs or restrictions of your guests.
- Hire a cleaning service for the day before and after your event, if one is not provided by your venue.
Keep it classy and comfortable in a traditional Southern setting.
- Arrange table, chair and linen rentals at least a month ahead of time.
- Use traditional roses and classic Southern flowers, like magnolias, hydrangeas and wisteria, to create a subtly refined look.
- Use decorative mason jars or painted tin cans to hold silverware for a rustic feel.
- Galvanized buckets make excellent beverage coolers and lend a pastoral flair.
Take Derby easy. You can throw a stylish party and enjoy good friends and family getting together for a good time without breaking the bank.
- Do your own cooking – BBQ and tailgate as if you were at the track
- Make your own decorations. Try tissue paper roses or handmade Win, Place and Show tickets!
- Don’t be afraid to ask guests to bring something.
- Keep it casual dress. You can pull off Derby style without pulling out all the stops. Really, it all comes down to the hat!