Kentucky Oaks Survivors Parade
Nominations for the Survivors Parade are now open!
For the 12th year, the Survivors Parade presented by Kroger will take place on Kentucky Oaks Day, Friday, May 1st, 2020! The Survivors Parade is a march of breast and ovarian cancer survivors, which takes place on Churchill Downs’ historic racetrack. 146 breast and ovarian cancer survivors will walk in the parade prior to the 146th running of the Longines Kentucky Oaks race.
Kentucky Oaks fans will be invited to nominate themselves, a relative, or a friend who has survived breast and/or ovarian cancer by sharing their survivor's battle story. Once a nominee is submitted and approved, voting for this nominee may begin. Fans are encouraged to share their survivor's story with their coworkers, family and friends to build awareness.
During this time period, select the nominee to champion this cause on Kentucky Oaks day, and make a donation to our charitable partner Derby Divas and the Norton Cancer Institute Breast Health Program, on behalf of your favorite nominee. Your participation and your donations will help to support early detection, prevention and treatment.
We request that you nominate someone who has not had the opportunity to walk in the Survivors Parade so that as many survivors as possible have the chance to champion breast and ovarian health at the Longines Kentucky Oaks.
- Two (2) free reserved seats to the Kentucky Oaks courtesy of Churchill Downs
- The opportunity to walk the historic Churchill Downs racetrack with fellow survivors, prior to the 146th running of the Kentucky Oaks
Nomination and Approval Process
- Nominees must be a legal resident of the United States
- Prior to submitting a nomination, nominators must check a box confirming they have explicit permission from the person they are nominating.
- A part of the nomination process, you will need to provide an essay and photo (800 X 800px preferred).
- After a nomination has been successfully submitted, the nominator will be sent an automated email confirming their submission
- After a nomination has been successfully submitted, the nominee will be sent an automated email requiring their approval of the nomination.
- If they select approve within the email, their nomination will be posted to the website within (48) hours.
- If there are any changes to the nomination information requested by the nominee, they will need to disapprove the original nomination and submit a new nomination on the website.
- Nominees should be advised to check their SPAM and Junk folders for confirmation email. Add CDRTmail@kyderby.com to address book/safe sender list. Utilizing personal email addresses instead of business email is preferred.
- 1 vote per IP address per day
- We recommend voting from home, or using a cell phone not connected to the office wifi, as many office networks share the same IP address.