Parking & Shuttles
CHURCHILL DOWNS PLANS IMPROVED PARKING, TRANSPORTATION EXPERIENCE FOR KENTUCKY DERBY GUESTS; INVESTS INTO ONSITE PARKING LOTS, TRANSPORTATION CENTER
Churchill Downs Racetrack, unveiled plans to improve the parking and transportation experience for guests traveling to the Kentucky Derby. The project will feature a highly-efficient transportation center for more than 170,000 guests that attend the Kentucky Derby each year, while also enhancing the overall traffic and parking flow for guests who visit the historic racetrack throughout the year.
- Offsite parking at the Kentucky Exposition Center with roundtrip shuttle transportation to Churchill Downs will be included with all reserved seat and dining tickets for the 2018 Kentucky Oaks and Kentucky Derby.
- Customers will receive a pass for parking at the Kentucky Exposition Center included with their Oaks and Derby ticket.
- Please refer to the back of the parking pass for a map and specific information detailing routes to your assigned parking area at the Kentucky Exposition Center.
- There will be a continuous stream of shuttles to bring you to the Transportation Center at Churchill Downs Racetrack.
- The Transportation Center is located in front of the new Paddock Admission Gate which is situated behind the saddling paddock near Central Avenue. This new Gate will allow you ease of entry into the Racetrack.
- The Transportation Center will be the site of continuous shuttle service pick-up to bring you back to the Kentucky Exposition Center at the conclusion of your visit.
- ADA-parking for persons with disabilities is available in all parking lots, but each lot will require a permit to access the parking area. Additional information regarding disability parking will be forthcoming.
- Click Here to download the new Transportation Center Map.
Off-site parking is available at these locations only a few blocks from Churchill Downs.
NO RESERVATIONS NEEDED, PAY DAY OF EVENT:
- Papa John™s Cardinal Stadium parking:
- Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center parking:
Both parking locations listed above parking areas are within walking distance of the track. In addition, Miller Transportation offers round-trip shuttle service to and from Churchill Downs on Kentucky Derby and Oaks Days. Pick ups and drop offs begin at 7:30 a.m. and continue until 8:30 p.m. both days. Shuttle services are ADA accessible.