- Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Racing & Wagering
- Oaks 139
- Taste of Derby
- Derby Party
- My Party
- Plan Your Party
- Food & Beverage
Here's a tip sheet to ensure you don't miss any details!
- Determine the venue and event time (Click here for television coverage schedule)
- Contact friends or relatives with a "Save the Date" email or call
- Determine attire and/or other requirements of guests (Dressy or Casual)
- Select and send invitations ASAP
- Purchase official Derby party supplies and favors
- Create and fund a TwinSpires.com account so everyone can wager on the day's races.
- Order raceday programs to be delivered to your home.
- Determine menu and print recipes
- Obtain liquors and other libations
- Determine if silver, china and other place settings are in order. We suggest taking a look at the Arthur Court Collection of Kentucky Derby licensed product.
- Finalize guest list
- Go shopping for appropriate attire/Derby hat!
- Print out lyrics to "My Old Kentucky Home"
Friday, May 3, 2013
- Enjoy live coverage of the Grade I Kentucky Oaks 138 at Churchill Downs from 5-6 p.m. EDT on NBC Sports to get in the Kentucky Derby mood!
Saturday, May 4, 2013
- Arrange your table top in the morning (so you have plenty of time to get ready!)
- Purchase extra ice
- Print racing forms for guests
- Tune into NBC for coverage of the undercard races, Red Carpet & Kentucky Derby 138.