- Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Racing & Wagering
- Derby Experience
- Plan Your Visit
Pickled Shrimp with Cumin Coriander Broth and Radish Fennel Salad
Chef Anthony Lamas
- 1 pound 16/20 shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 Tablespoon pickling spice
- 3 bay leaves
In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add pickling spice and bay leaves. Add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes until shrimp are almost fully cooked. Remove the shrimp from the boiling water and shock in an ice bath.
Cumin Coriander Broth
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted and ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted and ground coriander
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Puree in blender.Pour sauce over the cooked shrimp and let marinate for two hours.
Radish Fennel Salad
- 2 stalks of celery, julienned
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion, julienned
- 1 fennel bulb, julienned
- ½ lemon, juiced
Toss all ingredients together.
Serve the shrimp over the salad.