- Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Racing & Wagering
- Oaks 139
- Taste of Derby
- Derby Party
- My Party
- Plan Your Party
- Food & Beverage
A message from the Kentucky Derby Social Committee, NE division
Hosted by The Salamone Family
DERBY DOs! and DERBY DON’Ts!
- Have an appropriately beautiful hat for Derby Day; there will be a valuable prize for the finest
- Bring an appropriately beautiful (skimpy?) bathing suit; the pool and sunbathing areas are very nice and we don’t want to blemish the scene.
- Bring sun screen.
- Bring a towel.
- Bring whatever beverages you may be consuming that day. Certain cocktails (mint juleps) will be supplied by the Derby committee as well as other quenchers however, funds are limited and rumors of your consumption are ubiquitous.
- Remember: Be nice to all at the party! You will see them again.
- If you feel you’d like to contribute a very special dish to the event please contact Nancy @ (704)995-0527. We don’t want 6 redundant dishes of baked beans now do we?
- Bring little children to this adult event
- Bring dogs, cats or birds unless caged or leashed. (pony’s, horses, and harley’s are allowed)
- Go overboard on the mint juleps or bourbon.
- Pretend you’re a southern “belle” when you’re actually nothing at all.
- Come appropriately primped. There will be an equally valuable prize for the gent who presents himself best. (2 Super Bowl Tickets)
- Ask your wife or significant- other what you should bring. Odds are, they’ll be much more aware of things than you.
- Bring your favorite beverage of the day for the same reasons we told the Ladies.
- Go overboard on the mint juleps or bourbon, unless you plan on cleaning up after yourself.
- No glasses or bottles in the pool area.
- That’s about it concerning any restrictions on the guys.
Need further information? Please contact Frank @(716) 998-6606. Call anytime! This number is monitored 24/7 and is least busy between the hours of 4 and 6 AM.