Flourless Chocolate Lava Cake
- 8 oz 70% bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 12 Tbs (6 oz) unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup (3 ½ oz) granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Adjust a rack to the middle of the oven. Butter 6-4oz ramekins.
- Put the Chocolate and butter in a metal or glass bowl over barely simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Place the eggs, sugar and salt in a bowl of a mixer, whip at medium high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and add the chocolate, mix until combined.
- Spoon into the prepared cups and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges are set but the center is underdone. Let cool 3 minutes before serving